Monday, February 23, 2009

Catching Up

I can't believe it's been two months since I posted anything here. I'm trying to document the process of working on the Communicast podcast, but I need to make regular posts in order to do this.

A lot of work has actually been done on the podcast, including the production of a new episode. So, let me try to catch up with the story...

There wasn't much activity during the month of December. It was just too hectic, so we decided to let the podcast slide until after Winter Break.

Then, because of a big project for the department, I wasn't able to get back to working on the podcast until the middle of January. That gave students time to work on their segments.

The students and their teacher, Valerie Howard, decided to focus on the greenhouse effect. This is a different approach, only covering one topic, so I agreed, figuring that it might make it easier (and faster) to get the episode completed.

The recording went very smoothly. The students were well-prepared, and enthusiastic about their work. By now, they feel comfortable in front of the microphone.

When I left, I had everything I needed to put it all together. That was the end of January. So, why did it take until February 19 to get Communicast 8 published?

I'll continue the story...hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: